Working remotely is amazing. Flexibility is a great thing, but working from home, or from venues can lead to procrastination…
However, if done correctly, working remotely can be a great way to be even more productive than working in a boring office, and here are 10 tools you can use to improve your productivity:
- Dropbox: Dropbox can keep all your files organised and in sync with colleagues and access all them anywhere and at any time.
- Trello: This is a great project management tool, which can help prioritise and streamline your work. And best of all, the basic version is free.
- Hootsuite: If social media is something you work with, Hootsuite will make your life easier by syncing your profiles and helping you schedule content.
- RescueTime: An app that tracks the time you spend on different apps and sites, and will make sure you stop your procrastination.
- Hemingway App: Tells you whether the text you’re writing is too complicated to read, it provides helpful suggestions and makes your writing short and concise.
- Workplace by Facebook: This is a new tool, to help teams share files through different communication channels.
- Slack: Our personal favourite here at Ellyot. Fantastic team communications platform where we use daily to text, call and file share with our teammates.
- Pocket: Helps you to save links, pictures and videos into one place, allowing you to keep things in one easy to access ‘pocket’.
- F.lux: This is a screen protection app to reduce blue light from your device, which actually hurts your eyes and can decrease your efficiency and productivity.
- Stayfocused: Web app that helps you to block different websites (like Facebook) to keep you focused.
These 10 tools are brilliant at keeping your focus on the task at hand. Working remotely is revolutionising the way we see the traditional office and our workplace. It’s a rewarding way to work, and apps like Ellyot give you the ability to work in loads of different, cool and amazing spaces to enrich your working experiences.
You can read more on these 10 tools here.